Friday, February 16, 2007

Homophobia is not a Trend!!!!

The news is being flooded with debates over Tim Hardaways “Homophobic” statement. These outcries denouncing homosexuality seems to be a trend in today’s media, starting with Isaiah Washington and now Hardaway. I do understand that these are statements of hate and prejudice, however I think I have several positions on this topic.

First: Hardaway’s harsh usage of the Hate word went just a little bit to far. Of course you cannot particularly care for gay people and their lifestyle, but do you have to go to the extremes to state that you HATE GAY people. Although it was his opinion, he was very wrong to promulgate such a derogatory statement about a fellow retired NBA player or any one else for the matter.

Second: A small part of me thinks that homophobia is warranted by gay people and my reason for saying this is twofold. One because I know and have witnessed gay men hitting on known straight men in public and same goes for females. My second year on an intern in Detroit a lesbian hit on me on an elevator. When I told her I didn’t swing that way, she said don’t knock what you haven’t tried and I can make you not want to see another man. It was at that time I want to reach out and punch her in the throat then push her down the elevator shaft. However, I held my composure and told her to beat it or get beat. Gay people, please stop trying to recruit people into your gay circle who are not gay, if they say they are not interested don’t offer sexual antidotes to entice them into your lifestyle, because you may get you ass whipped royally. That incident alone made me dislike gay people for a long time, it wasn’t until I went to grad school and met other openly gay people who weren’t so arrogant and flamboyant with their gayness.

Second, down low gays will make any woman or man want to kill them and hate them for the rest of their lives. Well I can’t see to many man being upset about their woman being interest in another woman sexual. Most men, at least 55%, would like to engage in a ménage à trois. After reading the J.L. King book and many articles about men who choose to sleep with men in the dark, I find myself somewhat homophobic. I look at every man that I go out with closely, paying close attention to where his eyes are directed when we are in public places, his mannerisms, and other fine details or hints that would give me an ankling that he may or may not have gay tendencies.

I know that may seem extreme, but the tought that I could loose everything that I have work so hard to accomplish could be taken away in one evening of drama filled man on man action in my living space is very overwhelming. I pictured what would happen if an undercover gay man would slip through the cracks of all my observations and I would one day come home to him having sex with his best friend in my bed. Well the end to that vizualization is me sharing a cubicle size jail cell with a woman named Big Bertha aka Killa Bert who I must fight daily to keep my virginity while sporting the much out of style dookie braids. Not a good visual.
Seriously, a dow low man is not only being dishonest to himself and his lover but he is outright lying to his family. If you choose to live a gay life, as I said in a previous blog, love yourself for that, be the best gay person you can be because you only have to live for you. However, don't drag incent people into your lifestyle without giving them a choice to do so and when you don't give that choice you place them at risk for uncurable sexual transmitted disease and other psychological, emotional, and spiritual problems. There are women out there who don't mind sharing there man with another man I AM NOT ONE OF THOSE WOMEN.

However, the question still remains "Do people have a right to be homophic and verbally express there feeling concerning gays?" I would say yes some people have a right to be homophic especially when you have so many people who are not comfortable with there sexuality and they choose to mask it by pretending to be straight. However, I do feel there is a way to express those feelings without blantant disrespect for those engaging in those sexual activities. Hate is such a strong word and if you can hate someone for there sexual preference then you can hate someone becuase of their race and if that's the case; then Bye George you've got a problem with yourself. If you don't like gay people stay out of their space, go about life living in the four walls of your home, because you can't get away from gay people their every where doing everything straight people. You don't have to agree with their personal lifestyle to respect someone as person, because when all comes down to it, ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE. Stop putting so much time in hating or disliking people and work on you.


LOVE, PEACE, & HAPPINESS
God Bless!

2 comments:

Southern_Lady said...

Excellent post. But I'm still LMAO at Killa Bert with the dookie braids. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!

Anonymous said...

I concur with southern_lady. Great post. I must say that I don't agree with the homosexual lifestyle, but hey for those that do... Do You, I'm not judging... 'b/c I feel that WE, as a people, no, ESPECIALLY, We as a people, should be the last ones to critcize anyone for being different. That's like the pot calling the kettle black.