Monday, April 23, 2007

NOBODY WASHED THEIR HANDS!


This past Saturday I was asked to find a Volunteer Project for a local Boy Scout troop to do with my job. Of course I agreed to do it, who doesn’t like easy overtime? But please let’s keep in mind that it was stated that I was going to have a Boy Scout Troop. What do you picture when some says a Boy Scout troop? I think of cute little handsome men around the ages of 7-12, so I thought. Clearly when I meet the troop at our meeting place, the “BOY SCOUT’S” where grown ass men, ranging in the ages of 16-19. Question: What in the hell is an 18 and 19 year old still doing in Boy Scouts. I think I could see another Virginia Tech massacres or a few molesters in a few years, if you are so socially F’d up that you have to kick it in Boy Scouts pass puberty. Anyway, I gave them their project and I keep watch to ensure no one hurt themselves.

Lunch time came and the Troop leaders decide to grill some hotdogs and brats for the group and of course asked me to gone and I agreed until……. No One washed their damn hands. I notice all of the kids/grown men were just sitting around waiting for the food to cook, so I suggested/offer for everyone to wash their hands at the water pump with soap and water. Everyone and I mean everyone looked at me like I had a third eye. It seemed like everyone was saying in the back of their minds “ The B is crazy as hell.”

The food was cook everyone ran over grab plates, touched the bread, and everything else everyone had to use to eat. Therefore, I only ate the hot dogs that came straight off the grill. One of the Troop Leaders offered to prepare my plate and I gave him that “Do you dare put your nasty ass hands on my food.” I refuse to eat the bread of anything else, they touched with their unwashed hands. Oh!! But people let me catch ya head one more time. They had that nerve to offer me some Peach and cherry cobbler. I thought to myself…. Self, you know you really like sweets, but self…If these grown ass people don’t wash their hands after playing in dirt all morning, then you damn well they don’t wash their hands after they piss or shit. So, self… what if they went to the restroom while making that Peach and cherry cobbler? And I said umm…. Good point self “NO THANKS”

Killer point in the story: After the group finished eating and cleaning up their picnic area, the group walked to the water pump to wash their hands. WTF… So you don’t wash your hands to eat, but you wash your hands to go hiking in woods. Just stab me cause I through!

2 comments:

Southern_Lady said...

Oh yeah, that's funny as hell!

TDJ said...

Hi! I'm new to your spot. Good post!

Ick! Hand washing is so basic and so simple. I am always amazed at the number of people who don't do it. How can we enter the bathroom at the same time, yet I'm at the sink washing my hands and you're walking out? Nasty, nasty!