Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Just a Few???


Quick question: Why do white people use both scientific and a common name of things when they are talking. For instance, I was talking to a summer intern for lunch about flowers, gardens, and pets. Ya Girl said she has Red Roses, Rosa Safrona, planted in the yard and she has a Boston terrier. Why she couldn't just say red roses and a terrier, I could care less what the proper name is? Maybe I should start talking like that: I am going to get some water, you know high quality H2O or I am going to my Chevy HHR to get my lunch.

It totally annoys me when all of the ladies at work are at sitting around the table talking about hair and they want to include me in the conversation. Why? because I then have to take time out to teach all of the none African American women the science of African American hair. They just don't grasp the concept that we only wash out hair once a week and light moisturizers are our friends!

I think it's funny that I am the only black person in the office and my co-worker from South African, who is not black, thinks we have a special connection.


A friend called me from a restaurant last night to tell me about the hundreds of flies that were flying around the restaurant. That instantly brought me back to last August when my brother and I went to a McDonalds, which is now the largest fly habitat in the south, and the fool started singing really loud "Holy Moly Donut Shop." Should I still be laughing at that today like it happen yesterday?

1 comment:

Southern_Lady said...

Holy Moly Doughnut Shop!!! LMAO! Bud-DY!!