Thursday, January 18, 2007

Just Somethings I was Thinking About





Recently I have been totally annoyed by a topic that has been beating American over the head for a few months and few little things that I have been reading about in various places. I would like to take this time to address some of those issues/topics.

1. Will or will not Barack Obama run for the 2008 Presidency election? That is the question that all American’s black or white have been asking since the recent elections. I personally believe he is a great candidate for the position; hell he’s better than Hilary Clinton or any other candidate. Hilary straddles the fence on all decision; sometimes you can’t tell if she is a republican or democrat. While Barack Obama clearly states his position on topics eloquently, gaining the support and respect of both Democrats and Republicans.

Many political journalists are saying that he is a good candidate but not right now, he needs more experience in politics on the national level. However, look at our last presidents, both Bush Presidents had ample national political experience and you see where those numbskulls lead us. Ab Lincoln was a president who did not have national political experience prior to his term in the White House and look at the great wonders he brought forth for this country.

When it all boils down to it, Barack Obama has a huge following of young and old, white, black, and Latino followers. I think the others are scared that a black man will get into the White House and straighten out all of the corruption that has repulsively embarked in our nation’s politics and ruin their side hustles, while making some sense of the mess Bush has put our country in. Kudos to Barack, do you thing big boi.

2. African American Greek Organizations protesting “Stomp the Yard,” is a NO NO!
Some Greek organizations feel the movie did not capture the entire essence Black Greek organizations represent. First let me say, I went to see the movie, I am a member of a Black Greek organization, Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, and I found the movie quite entertaining.
Secondly, the setting of the movie was at TRUTH UNIVERSITY, have you ever heard of it because I haven’t. Meaning this was a factious movie influenced by black greeks organizations. The name of the main greek organization were even fake. Yes they did show actual Black Greek organizations like, Delta Sigma Theta, Alpha Kappa Alpha, Zeta Phi Beta, Alpha Phi Alpha, Omega Psi Phi, Sigma Gamma Rho, Phi Beta Sigma, and Kappa Alpha Psi. Most of the divine nine made a cameo in the movie. There is scene where it shows prominent black American’s, whom made a difference for our country and their affiliation with the said organizations. Now if you don’t think it is positive to have you organization associated with positive events or persons then I don’t know what you pledged for. I am not going to refer to any more scenes in the movie for the sake of those who have not seen it yet. But I am very appalled that black greeks would not like to have themselves affiliated with something positive or black people in general for that matter. Let try to get away for film that portray black people as hoodlums and uneducated fools.

I am glad the movie came out at the top in its opening weekend; we need to support our black films, especially one that has more lessons to be learned that steps for the next Greek show.

3. This whole Isaiah Washington calling T.R. Knight a fag is killing me. When the incident first happen everyone in the cast was covering it up, downgrading the situations, saying they were a family and nothing like that would even happened. Now, damn near a half a year later, it’s a different story. Did he or did he not call you a fag and why all of a sudden you can’t live with the fact that he called you a fag. The actor T.R. Knight went from saying the statement gave him the courage he needed to openly come out as a gay man and now he wants in apology for the statement that helped him to embrace his new found faggothood. I am confused. If you are going to be gay, love that about yourself and be the best gay person you can be, so that I can love you too.

4. Why is this guy that I dating when I was 16 now starting to come around, saying he is proud of the woman that I have become and he has been thinking about how it would be if we stayed together. Well buddy you are damn near 10 years to late for those thoughts. Should have thought about that when you were making a love child with someone else. I guess men really do think they hold the timetable of life. Someone needs to send them a Memo telling them that no woman waits of any man, because there is a man out there ready and willing to go the extra mile. Well, at least this woman is not waiting for any man to figure out which card his is going to throw in the game. Been there, done that, never again. Stop wishing; you should have learned at the age of 10 that wishes don’t come true.

2 comments:

Southern_Lady said...

Doing it big with the pictures. The Obama thing is on a lot of people's minds.

I didn't know Isiah Washington said the "f" word at the Golden Globes. Blackvoices says he could lose his job for that.

....Kramer didn't lose his job! (even though he didn't really have one)

Gwyneth Bolton said...

It would be great if Obama ran and won. I'd vote for him. I'm just too cynical to think that he'd actually win in this country. I believe there is still too much racism, sexism, etc. for anyone who isn't WASP to win. But I am certainly open to being called a liar on that one and proven wrong. We do need a change...

I haven't seen Stomp the Yard yet. I saw the preview and immediately thought of the film Drumline. So it seemed like it wouldn't be original. As for the Black Greeks protesting, like you I'm a member of Delta Sigma Theta (OO-OOP, Soror) and I don't have a problem with the way they represent a fake greek organization on a fake campus. I have to say after reading your post on the film I might just check it out... maybe...

On Isaiah... Well, you posted on my blog, so you know how I feel about that one. :-)